by Olivier Wieviorka
While national histories of wartime resistance are plentiful, the European dimension of the shadow army has rarely been taken into account.
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Garry Wills
Obama is wrong to suggest that voting and only voting is the way to express one’s opposition to a tyrant like Trump.
by Walter G. Moss
The series explores what happens when a fictional French village during World War 2 is occupied by Nazis. Some people resist. Others collaborate.
by Holly Scott
That can end badly if it devolves into infighting.
by Patrick Henry
Her latest study breaks new ground even as it reiterates the major themes of her illustrious life’s work.
- 131-Year-Old Confederate Statue Removed From Alexandria Intersection
- All the History I Learned in my Youth Came from the American Girl Doll Books
- Is This the Worst Year in Modern American History?
- Role-Playing Games are Breathing New Life into the History Classroom
- Dallas Awarded $50,000 to Preserve Civil Rights History
- What Is Antifa, the Movement Trump Wants to Declare a Terror Group?
- Confronting the History of a Southern Asylum: An Interview With Mab Segrest
- Nazi or Hero? Historian Looks at the Stories a German Consultant Told of His Father
- History, Right Now: Echoes of 1968, and Other American Years
- Don't Assume There'll be a 'Post-COVID-19 Era' - Historian Niall Ferguson Tells World vs Virus