SOURCE: CBS News
Alcatraz didn't become "Indian Land Forever," as the occupiers had hoped. But these brave activists did open America's eyes to the rank poverty, alcoholism, and high infant mortality rate on Native reservations.
News Flash: Historic Alcatraz Taken Over by Chinese Dissident (Ok, He's an Artist. And He Got Permission.)
by Bruce Chadwick
Now, after all these years, all those movies, television shows, books and plays, the historic correctional institution is going to become, of all things, an art museum.
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing