The new photos were taken by John Filo and Howard Ruffner, two students at the university.
by Luther Spoehr
Clearing the smoke away from 13 fateful seconds.
SOURCE: The Sixties: A Journal of History, Culture and Politics
John Fitzgerald O’Hara argues that never-before-seen evidence clears Myron Pryor.
SOURCE: The Akron Beacon Journal
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
by Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
by Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
by Steven Plaut
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
Kent State's memorial to the May 4, 1970 shootings on its campus has spawned quite a few phony issues.
by William A. Gordon
Kent State damages history when it consistently sends the message that the tragedy is not worth scholarly attention.
- Top Ten differences between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation Releases Findings on Why Americans Don't Know History
- How will Obama be remembered? A massive new oral history project will help shape his legacy.
- 30 Years Later, Making Sense Of The MOVE Bombing
- They Resisted Hitler. They Were Executed. At Last, They Lie at Rest.
- Historians Argue That The History Major Won’t Go the Way of the Dodo
- Tenure, Twitter and Taking Her Board to Task
- The new Statue of Liberty Museum is a quiet paean to America’s embrace of immigrants—but what is there to celebrate?
- McCullough’s new book on pioneers’ history draws criticism
- What to Do With Richmond’s Confederate Statues