by Luther Spoehr
Clearing the smoke away from 13 fateful seconds.
SOURCE: The Sixties: A Journal of History, Culture and Politics
John Fitzgerald O’Hara argues that never-before-seen evidence clears Myron Pryor.
SOURCE: The Akron Beacon Journal
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
by Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
by Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
by Steven Plaut
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
Kent State's memorial to the May 4, 1970 shootings on its campus has spawned quite a few phony issues.
by William A. Gordon
Kent State damages history when it consistently sends the message that the tragedy is not worth scholarly attention.
- Who Should Own Photos of Slaves? The Descendants, not Harvard, a Lawsuit Says
- No, Fox’s Katie Pavlich, the US Wasn’t the First to Abolish Slavery
- Boeing Brings 100 Years Of History To Its Fight To Restore Its Reputation
- Destroying Istanbul to 'Restore' It
- “Votes For Women," an Upcoming Exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery, Highlights the Bold Accomplishments of Women of Color
- Medgar Evers' home established as a national monument in Jackson
- MIT Historian Kate Brown Alleges United Nations Scientific Cover-Up Of Death And Disease Toll From Chernobyl
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum
- In the age of distraction, one small publisher keeps local history alive in sepia tones
- Historians Weigh In: Are we returning to an age of political extremes?