by Kyle Longley
“We have only two weeks, maybe only 10 days before the gun lobby gets organized.”
by Jerald Podair
He gave it 50 years ago after hearing that MLK had been assassinated.
by Walter G. Moss
We sorely need to be reminded of what they stood for.
Was Robert Kennedy Really the Dove He and Arthur Schlesinger Jr. Made Him Out to Be During the Cuban Missile Crisis? (Part 2)
by Sheldon M. Stern
That’s not what the audio tapes show, says Sheldon Stern, in Part 2 of his series, “Capturing History as it Really Happened in October 1962.”
by Jeff Roquen
Imagine how different the world might be if Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King had lived.
- Archivist and bookseller plead guilty to pilfering $8M in rare texts from Carnegie Library
- The chief justice who presided over the first presidential impeachment trial thought it was political spectacle
- Hundreds of Britons Volunteered for a Diary-Keeping Project in 1937. They Left an Invaluable Record of World War II
- Fact check: After Pearl Harbor, Japanese didn't invade US because they feared armed citizens?
- How Political Divides Shape U.S. History Lessons
- AHA Encourages History Departments to Provide Full Library Access to Alumni and to Unaffiliated Historians in their Regions
- Clayborne Carson Interviewed by World Socialist Web Site on 1619 Project
- “A staggering tour de force – but an opportunity missed”: a historian’s review of the film 1917
- NY Journal of Books Reviews Wilmington's Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy
- AHA Enrollment Study Finds History Enrollments Hold Study as Department Efforts Intensify