SOURCE: The Conversation
by Andrew Thomson
The arrest of Silvercorp mercenaries in Venezuela echoes a long history of the U.S. government supporting private troops to overthrow foreign governments.
SOURCE: North American Congress on Latin America (NACLA)
by Alexander Aviña
The history of American alliances abroad doesn't make sense as a drug control strategy, but is consistent with a strategy of invoking the war on drugs to punish governments that resist U.S. domination.
by Benjamin Welton
Why is a nearly 200-year old document still relevant today?
by Lawrence Wittner
And how the U.S. government has violated these principles of international law in the past.
by Alan McPherson
Contrary to what most believe, a military intervention in South America would be unprecedented
by Teresa Meade
His career stretches back through some of the most sordid instances of US intervention and brutality.
SOURCE: CBS News
"We are not focused on the events of the 1980s. We are focused on the events of 2019."
by Daniel Pipes
Socialism was a proven failure, but Hugo Chávez got his countrymen to try it.
by Michelle Mayhew-Shears
It would be in the long-term interest of the United States.
by Manny Chavez
It was obvious to our embassy that disaster loomed.
- Black Lives Matter Movement Prods Bethlehem and Other Districts to Review How History is Taught
- During the Civil War, the Enslaved Were Given an Especially Odious Job. The Pay Went to Their Owners.
- Riots Long Ago, Luxury Living Today
- Native Americans and Polynesians Met Around 1200 A.D.
- Campaign Urges NASA to Rename the John C. Stennis Space Center
- Historical Association Schools Teachers on White House History
- MIT Professor Tunney Lee, an Architect, Urban Planner, and Historian of Chinatown, Dies at 88
- Historian Adrian Miller on Denver’s Underrepresented Legacy of Black Culinary Excellence
- ‘If I tell people about what happened, I honor my ancestors.’ How the Pandemic is Helping a Slavery Historian Develop a K-12 Lesson Plan on African-American History
- In Memoriam: Historian and Politician Ivo Banac