Zuckerberg’s Warped History Lesson and the Age of Incoherence
by Naom Cohen
The Facebook CEO invoked the civil-rights era to justify kowtowing to money and power. It doesn’t wash.
What history could tell Mark Zuckerberg
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg obsessed over the wrong bit of history.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Facebook Puts Holocaust Denial Groups in Top Search Results
The social-media titan’s bad PR continues this week, days after Zuck said his website could not censor Holocaust denial.
Perhaps Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Should Not Have Dropped Out of Harvard
by Fred Zilian
The message he should be sending out to Facebook users is that the humanities can help them detect phony news stories.
Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
The key insight? Humans took over the world by cooperating with one another.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Mark Zuckerberg accused of abusing power after Facebook deletes 'napalm girl' post
Norway’s largest newspaper published a front-page letter to the Facebook CEO lambasting the company’s decision to censor a photograph of the Vietnam war
SOURCE: Business Insider
Why Mark Zuckerberg wants everyone to read an Israeli historian's book about the human race
First published in 2014, Yuval Noah Harari’s “Sapiens” is a critically acclaimed international best-seller. Harari uses his book to track the evolution of Homo sapiens from hunter-gatherers into self-empowered “gods” of the future.
Mark Zuckerberg’s next big read is this Islamic history book
CEO Mark Zuckerberg has committed to reading an important book every two weeks as part of his 2015 New Year’s resolutions, and up next is “The Muqaddimah,” a 14th century tome written by Islamic historian Ibn Khaldun.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History