SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Adam Serwer
The gravest danger to American democracy isn’t an excess of vitriol—it’s the false promise of civility.
The End of Humanitarian Intervention? A Debate at the Oxford Union With Historian David Gibbs and Michael Chertoff
by David N. Gibbs
Michael Chertoff -- former Secretary of Homeland Security during the presidency of George W. Bush and coauthor of the USA Patriot Act – defended humanitarian intervention; Gibbs argued against the practice.
SOURCE: The Times
by Niall Ferguson
A new red army is out to silence debate. We must rise up and resist it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
by Dawn Foster
Powerful people used to express their views on others unopposed. Now their targets fight back, they find it intolerable.
- History Professor: Democrats Should Work Around SCOTUS Like Abe Lincoln Did
- New Documentary Sheds Light on Hidden Sexual Violence of the Irish Revolution
- The Origins of Policing in America
- New Patriotic 1776 Commission Struggling To Find Ways To Improve Upon Education System’s Existing Propaganda
- Eric Williams’ Foundational Work on Slavery, Industry, and Wealth