The End of Humanitarian Intervention? A Debate at the Oxford Union With Historian David Gibbs and Michael Chertoff
by David N. Gibbs
Michael Chertoff -- former Secretary of Homeland Security during the presidency of George W. Bush and coauthor of the USA Patriot Act – defended humanitarian intervention; Gibbs argued against the practice.
SOURCE: The Times
by Niall Ferguson
A new red army is out to silence debate. We must rise up and resist it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
by Dawn Foster
Powerful people used to express their views on others unopposed. Now their targets fight back, they find it intolerable.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible