In August, the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario called for the removal of Macdonald's name from elementary schools in the province, referring to him as the “architect of genocide against Indigenous Peoples.”
SOURCE: Indian Country
by Peter d’Errico
A careful reading of his recent conversation with author Marilynne Robinson on September 14, 2015, in Des Moines, Iowa, shows he has serious misconceptions.
- Louisiana Governor to Decide Posthumous Pardon for Homer Plessy
- Brown Issues Expanded Report on University's Involvement with Slavery
- Michael Schuman: Xi's New China is Terrifying
- U. of Florida Dean Says He Was Directed to Reject Professor’s Request to Testify Against the State
- Ed Bullins, Leading Playwright of the Black Arts Movement, Dies at 86
- "Hail Mary" Sets the Record Straight on the Women's Football League of the 1960s
- Jeopardy! To Host Tournament of Professors
- Tim Snyder: "It Turns Out People Really Like Democracy"
- Direct Action: The Practical Politics of Protest
- Unenforceable Racial Covenants are Still Part of Property Deeds Across America