by Joshua M Casper
They were born with the same moniker, and both changed history. Two names. Two men. Two identities, Muhammed Ali and Cassius Marcellus Clay will forever be linked.
Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
Decades after Johnson was convicted under the Mann Act, his case drew significant attention as a gross miscarriage of justice and a symbol of the depths of racism in the American justice system.
by Bruce Chadwick
Why have we loved boxing movies so much for over a hundred years?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- President Trump Invoked Executive Privilege. Here's the History of That Presidential Power
- How the world's monarchs are adapting to modern times
- World War II Planes Can Still Fly, but Who Will Keep Them Flying?
- How World War II Almost Broke American Politics
- Researchers Uncover Ancient Grape DNA That Tells the Prolific History of Wine
- Three Recent Books Examine Frederick Douglass' Legacy
- Biographer Jon Meacham, Tim McGraw explore American history in song
- The 'Counter-Textbooks' Offering Kids a Radical Look at History
- Georgia history professor’s immigration comments cause stir on social media