"The Supreme Court has long recognized that peaceful protesters cannot be held liable for the unintended, unlawful actions of others," said American Civil Liberties Union National Legal Director David Cole.
"Social justice means that all human beings are given equal opportunities that are evenly distributed and certain groups are not allowed privileges denied to others," said Berry.
SOURCE: San Jose Mercury-News
2 Berkeley Elementary Schools, Washington and Jefferson, to be Renamed in Response to Black Lives Matter Push
Two San Francisco Bay Area schools named for founding fathers who were slaveholders will get new names following a push by Black Lives Matter activists, according to a newspaper report.
SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Republican Rep. Larry Pittman of Cabarrus County had earlier compared Abraham Lincoln to Adolf Hitler and urging public hangings for doctors performing abortions.
SOURCE: Smithsonian Magazine
A 1963 protest placard in the Smithsonian collections could almost be mistaken for any of the Black Lives Matter marches of today.
SOURCE: The Dallas Morning News
'Black Lives Matter' painted on UT Confederate memorial after Alton Sterling, Philando Castile shootings
The message was scrawled across the George Littlefield Fountain, a prominent memorial that anchors the school's South Mall.
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?