The Complicated DNA of ‘God Bless America’
by James Kaplan
The nation loved the song, which was introduced 80 years ago. But some reviled Irving Berlin for his presumption, as an immigrant and a Jew, in having written it at all.
Christmas 1956: Who’ll Stop Elvis?
by Bruce Chadwick
Review of "Coming Back Like a Song: A Play About Irving Berlin, Harold Arlen and Jimmy Van Heusen."
SOURCE: Jewish Journal
Have You Heard of Irving Berlin’s Alleged Snow Job Against African Americans?
by Harold Brackman
"[I]t’s past time for you over-heated White privileged, Berlin admirers to chill out by admitting that the musical white side has a dark side exploited by this notorious Jewish minstrel man’s most beloved song." -- Or is this over the top?
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida