Arlington National Cemetery
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
The Troubling History of Arlington Cemetery's Confederate Monument
by Samantha Baskind
The monument misrepresents the history of the Confederacy, and is itself a document of the way that white supremacy enabled a national "reconciliation" after the Civil War.
SOURCE: NBC News
Elaine Harmon, Female WWII Pilot, Will Finally Be Laid to Rest at Arlington
It took an act of Congress, but World War II pilot Elaine Harmon is finally being laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
The pilots were previously excluded from the cemetery under official policy.
Female Pilot Unit Gains Support in Congress for Right to Arlington Burials
The Army, which oversees Arlington National Cemetery, says her wartime unit — known as the WASPs, shorthand for Women Airforce Service Pilots — was not technically part of the military.
Women WWII Pilots Denied Final Rest at Arlington National Cemetery
"These women have been fighting this battle, off and on, for over 50 years now."
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida