SOURCE: New York Times
by Rashid Khalidi
As the new ultra-right wing Israeli government prepares to escalate the dispossession of Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem, the United States should not allow the siting of its embassy to give cover to this project.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Nayan Shah
The hunger strike is a potent tool of resistance when the balance of formal power is highly unequal.
by Arie M. Dubnov
"As a colleague justly commented, it is only helpful to call a situation ‘complicated’ if one is committed to unfolding the package, willing to examine its contents and prepared to be surprised by what one finds hidden inside."
B'Tselem declared that "the traditional view of Israel as a democracy operating side-by-side with a temporary Israeli occupation in the territories 'imposed on some five million Palestinian subjects ... has grown divorced from reality'." The Israeli embassy in London dismissed the finding.
by Chemi Shalev
After more than 40 years of right-wing rule, Israelis identify and are identified more with ruling whites than with oppressed Blacks.
SOURCE: Air Mail
by Ronald C. Rosbottom
The German occupation crushed ordinary life in Paris as its citizens hid from the “brown plague.”
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism