Originalism is Doomed to Failure. Will it Destroy Democracy First?
by Richard Striner
Textualism as a theory of judicial interpretation arose as a semantic game among academics, but has been put to brutal use by the Federalist Society to undermine the democracy that most 21st century Americans enjoy.
Woodrow Wilson Was a Hero to Jews. What Should We do with his Racism?
by Jonathan D. Sarna
Many find it discomforting to learn that Wilson was, at one and the same time, so bad for American Blacks and so good for American Jews.
SOURCE: Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Louis Brandeis inspired my work for women’s rights
She admired Brandeis for his “craftsmanship, his sense of collegiality and his ability to combine a judicial restraint with the readiness to defend civil rights and liberties.”
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida