SOURCE: Denver Post
Colorado lawmaker Lori Saine claims blacks, whites were lynched in “nearly equal numbers” for being Republican following Reconstruction
According to the NAACP’s history of lynchings, nearly 73 percent of the 4,800 people lynched from 1882 until 1968 were black.
- We Insist: A Century Of Black Music Against State Violence
- The Scars of Being Policed While Black (video)
- Book Reconsideration: “A Confederacy of Dunces” — Still an American Comic Masterpiece?
- Mississippi Governor Signs Law Removing Confederate Design From State Flag
- Trump Doubles Down on 'Heritage' Defense of Confederate Statues
- Living in History: Richard Haass, Margaret MacMillan, and Annette Gordon-Reed
- Beyond ‘White Fragility’: If you Want to Let Freedom Ring, Hammer on Economic Injustice.
- The Best Histories of U.S. Policing, According to Experts
- How Mount Rushmore Became Mount Rushmore
- Princeton University Removes Woodrow Wilson From School Name (Audio)