SOURCE: Pacific Standard Magazine
Princeton University historian Kevin Kruse offers lessons in how to push back against the claims of the far right
His battle with Dinesh D’Souza.
by Adam Laats
The rightwing activist makes the bogus argument that the GOP is the party of racial justice. But facts won’t carry the day.
That’s the reason name historians show up in his widely discredited film.
At a screening in northern Ohio’s Medina County, it was a hit.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
His crackpottery is being applauded in conservative outlets that seem to have been infected by a strain of whataboutism that one could call Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrome.
SOURCE: The Hill
Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was recently pardoned by President Trump, is making comparisons for his next film between the Democratic resistance to Trump and how Democrats didn’t accept President Lincoln’s reelection during the Civil War.
SOURCE: The American Conservative
by Paul Gottfried
Forget Trump---Goldberg, Prager, and D’Souza muddle facts to sell books all the time.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
A Case Western Reserve historian spotted the error.
by Michael Todd Landis
Here’s the sad truth.
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- Richard and the Revolutionaries: Why did Lefties Love Wagner?
- Trump Alleges ‘Left-Wing Indoctrination’ in Schools, Says He will Create National Commission to Push More ‘Pro-American’ History
- Black Leaders Launch ‘1776 Unites’ High School Curriculum
- ‘Viking’ Was a Job Description, Not a Matter of Heredity, Massive Ancient DNA Study Shows
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97