by Joan E. Cashin
“The Free State of Jones” is a movie for our times.
Reviews of the movie America's talking about.
by Ron Briley
It’s based on historian Victoria E. Bynum’s “The Free State of Jones: Mississippi's Longest Civil War.”
by Sussan Ayala Rodriguez
A historian sifts the facts from the myths.
- What the Cuban Missile Crisis Tells Us About Putin's Possible Intentions
- TikTok Spurs Frenzy over Fake Photos of Nanjing Atrocities
- Justice Jackson's Questioning in Voting Rights Case Shows History Won't be Left to Court's Right Wing
- The "Stolen Babies" of Fascist Spain Seek the Truth
- What Lizzo Can Teach the Right about History
- For a Secretive Agency, the CIA Has a Long History of PR Stunts
- How the US Thwarted Radical Revolution in Mexico
- Matthew Delmont Examines How Black Americans Saw the Second World War
- Pekka Hamalainen's Ambitious Book Reinforces Some Old Myths (Review)
- Patty Limerick Speaks on Her Dismissal from CU's Center of the American West