C. Fred Williams, Arkansas historian, diesHistorians in the News
The UALR community is mourning the loss of recently retired, long-time history professor C. Fred Williams, who died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013.
Williams spent more than 40 years as a teacher, mentor, and advocate, expanding the knowledge of Arkansas far beyond its borders.
His book, A Documentary History of Arkansas, published in collaboration with colleagues of the UALR History Department in 1984, is but one example of his impact on education beyond the campus. The collection of articles, letters, speeches, and government documents dating back to the 17th century is still in use today at schools across Arkansas....
comments powered by Disqus
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong