China says Abe not welcome after shrine visitBreaking News
tags: World War II, Japan, Yasukuni Shrine
China has said that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is no longer welcome in China after he visited the controversial Yasukuni war shrine.
"The Chinese people do not welcome him. Now, Abe needs to admit his mistakes to the government and people of China, cut loose from the past and make a new start," said Qin Gang, China's foreign ministry spokesman.
Abe visited the Tokyo shrine last week and sparked anger from China and both Koreas.
Yasukuni enshrines 2.5m people killed in war, including 14 class A war criminals from World War II....
comments powered by Disqus
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial