Black Death skeletons give up secrets of life and deathBreaking News
tags: Black Death
Tens of millions of people died in the epidemic, but their descendants lived longer and had better health than ever before, a study shows.
The Black Death was one of the most devastating epidemics in human history.
But survivors benefited from rising standards of living and better diets in the aftermath of the disaster.
The improvements in health only occurred because of the death of huge numbers of people, said a US scientist.
It is evidence of how infectious disease has the power to shape patterns of health in populations, said Dr Sharon DeWitte of South Carolina University.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate