"Jewish Ritual Murder" ... This is on Facebook?Breaking News
tags: anti-Semitism, facebook, antisemitism
This is a screen shot from Facebook of the page belonging to the "Jewish Ritual Murder Community." This isn't a community of people exposing the myth of Jewish ritual murder. It's a community that believes in the myth.
This is an excerpt from a post in September 2014:
Facebook has a policy against pages of this sort, which has nearly 800 likes. The social media network's community standards says "Facebook does not permit hate speech."
But when a user brought this page to Facebook's attention as an example of hate speech they were told it didn't violate Facebook's standards. The email Facebook sent this user (which made its way to HNN) is reproduced below:
The page has been dormant since September, but remains live.
As on other Facebook pages, visitors are prompted to invite their friends to join:
Who is behind this page? That's unknown. Clicking on the "About" tab doesn't help. All one reads there, in what seems like a Monty Python joke, is that "Comments that are offensive, obscene, vulgar, irrelevant to this page or classified as spam will be removed."
comments powered by Disqus
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire