Greece Nazi occupation: Athens asks Germany for €279bnBreaking News
tags: Germany, Greece, WW II, Nazi occupation
It is the first time Greece has officially calculated what Germany allegedly owes it for Nazi atrocities and looting during the 1940s.
However, the German government says the issue was resolved legally years ago.
Greece's radical left Syriza government is making the claim while struggling to meet massive debt repayment deadlines.
comments powered by Disqus
- When Culture War Politics Consume School Boards, Basic Functions Suffer
- Australia's Spy Agency Identified Climate Risk 40 Years Ago; The Government Protected the Coal Industry Instead
- Rebecca Traister: Betrayal of Roe Decades in the Making
- Mel Brooks Delivers 500 Pages on His Favorite Subject – Himself
- ‘It Just Felt Wrong’: U. of Florida Faculty Say Political Fears Stalled an Initiative on Race