Matthew Whitaker, Arizona State professor accused of plagiarism, placed on leaveHistorians in the News
tags: plagiarism, Matthew Whitaker
ASU officials confirmed Thursday that Dr. Matthew Whitaker had been relieved of all duties.
ASU spokesman Mark Johnson said the school was reviewing allegations that Whitaker’s “conduct has fallen short of the university’s expectations for a faculty member and a scholar.”
Whitaker terminated his consulting company’s contract in July to train Phoenix police in cultural and community awareness.
Phoenix officials said many of the training slides Whitaker used were lifted from the Chicago Police Department, which offers them free.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible