Pro-Columbus twitter page turns into a riot of racismBreaking News
In response to criticism of Christopher Columbus, supporters established the hashtag #ColumbusWasAHero. It was promptly taken over by white racists.
I won't apologize for my heroic ancestors. They fought that I might live. #ColumbusWasAHero— Trainspotter (@Trainspotter001) October 12, 2015
comments powered by Disqus
- Louisiana Governor to Decide Posthumous Pardon for Homer Plessy
- Brown Issues Expanded Report on University's Involvement with Slavery
- Michael Schuman: Xi's New China is Terrifying
- U. of Florida Dean Says He Was Directed to Reject Professor’s Request to Testify Against the State
- Ed Bullins, Leading Playwright of the Black Arts Movement, Dies at 86
- "Hail Mary" Sets the Record Straight on the Women's Football League of the 1960s
- Jeopardy! To Host Tournament of Professors
- Tim Snyder: "It Turns Out People Really Like Democracy"
- Direct Action: The Practical Politics of Protest
- Unenforceable Racial Covenants are Still Part of Property Deeds Across America