Burning Jews is ‘only solution,’ says Egyptian TV showBreaking News
tags: Jews, Egypt
A talk show that aired this week on Egyptian station al-Rahma TV includes a segment in which the host and a guest agree that burning is the only solution for Jews. The clip was translated and posted Friday by the US-based Arabic media watchdog MEMRI.
The show’s guest, Islamic history professor Yusri Ahmad Zidan, tells host Muhammad Khaled that the Crusaders — primarily European Christian fighters who traveled to the Holy Land in the Middle Ages to reclaim it from Muslim rule — sold Jews into slavery during their campaigns in the Middle East.
“The Crusaders treated the Jews this way because they believed that the Jews had harmed and killed Jesus,” Zidan maintains.
comments powered by Disqus
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?
- Outcry over Sparse Representation of Jews in Movie History at New Academy Museum in Hollywood
- Jack Rakove on Writing History, and the 1619 Project
- "Hello Internet": Barry Mehler Responds to Reaction to His Course Intro Video
- Revising America’s Racist Past
- Nikole Hannah-Jones Angered a Crowd with an MLK Day Speech. The Words Were MLK's
- Kathleen Belew Asked How Historical Subfields Would Approach the Chicken Crossing the Road...