Construction Begins On Nixon’s 103rd Birthday For New Presidential LibraryBreaking News
tags: Nixon Library, Nixon
Construction is scheduled to begin today on a new Richard M. Nixon Presidential Library and Museum at the current site in Yorba Linda, coinciding with the 103rd anniversary of his birth.
Christopher Cox, a grandson of Nixon, and the 37th president’s 85-year- brother Edward will begin the construction at 10:30 a.m. Cox will announce the official opening date of the renovated library.
The laying of a memorial wreath sent by President Barack Obama will follow, along with a formal presentation of the colors by U.S. Marines, remarks by Navy Region Southwest Commander Rear Adm. Mark Rich, Cox, senior adviser and deputy chief of staff to then-President George W. Bush and Nixon Foundation President and CEO William Baribault and performances by the Navy Band Southwest Quintet.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism
- Teacher Appreciation Week: In a Tough Year, These Educators Stood Out