The conservative attack on the AP test for European history is beginning to gain tractionBreaking News
The new Advanced Placement European History framework has received a makeover that eliminates religion’s influence on the development of Western Civilization, ignores Winston Churchill, whitewashes the evils of communism, and lauds the welfare state, according to David Randall with the right-of-center National Association of Scholars.
“The new curriculum omits the development of faith and freedom in European history and focuses on the development of the welfare state,” Randall told The College Fix in a phone interview.
The association released a report authored by Randall this month titled “The Disappearing Continent” that claims the framework “warps and guts the history of Europe to make it serve today’s progressive agenda.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?