A short history of political plagiarismBreaking News
tags: election 2016, plagiarism, Trump
Melania Trump’s speech at the Republican convention bore more than a passing resemblance to that delivered by Michelle Obama at the 2008 Democratic convention. In following very close to parts of someone else’s speech, the would-be first lady was in good company. Joe Biden, the US vice-president, was famously caught out, as were others.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?