Concern Raised Over New Name of Nixon Library TheaterBreaking News
tags: Nixon Library, Nixon
A former library director said naming a theater at the revamped Richard Nixon Presidential Library museum for a staffer who counted Jewish government workers at Nixon's request sends the wrong message to visitors.
Placing Fred Malek's name on the theater that shows an introductory film about Nixon is "outrageous," Timothy Naftali, a history professor at New York University and former library director, said on Twitter last week. The new theater is named for Malek and his wife.
Naftali posted the comments shortly after the Southern California museum reopened following a $15 million makeover.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why the New Deal Still Matters Today
- The First Asian American Settlement Was Established by Filipino Fishermen
- The Night of the Long Knives: The Bloody Purge that Secured Hitler’s Power
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: May 19
- Society of American Historians Announces 2021 Prize Winners