Trump tells Douglas Brinkley he wants to send man back to the moonBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Douglas Brinkley, Trump
A historian who met with Donald Trump says the president-elect was "very interested in a man going to the moon."
Historian Douglas Brinkley met with Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Brinkley told reporters after the meeting his conversation with Trump focused on "Nixon and Reagan and Kennedy ... a sort of history of the presidency and past inaugurals and things like that."
He also mentioned that Trump "was very interested in a man going to the moon and the moon shot so we were talking a little bit about that."
Brinkley is a professor at Rice University, where former President John F. Kennedy famously delivered his "we choose to go to the moon" speech in 1962. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate