Pearl Harbor Historian: Reconciliation almost came 50 years earlierBreaking News
tags: JFK, Obama, Shinzo Abe, Pearl Harbor
It was to say the least, high drama unfolding on the waters of Pearl Harbor with Navy seals ready in place.
It was in anticipation of an historic gesture of reconciliation -- a private ceremony at the Arizona Memorial with President Barrack Obama and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe that took place Tuesday.
But it was on the ride back on the Admiral's yacht that a little bit of history unfolded, in a most remarkable way.
You see, President John F. Kennedy had been the first president to visit the memorial after it had opened in the 1960's.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial