Officials say Henry Kissinger is the target of a $150,000 assassination plot in 1977Breaking News
tags: Henry Kissinger
A die-hard clique of Israeli right-wingers has put out a $150,000 “contract” for the assassination of Secretary of State Kissinger, according to high State Department officials. The money to hire one or more foreign hitmen was reportedly paid in advance.
The nature of the threat was disclosed after President Ford asked congressional leaders earlier this week to help work out a way for Kissinger to keep his Secret Service bodyguards after he leaves office next week.
The News reported seven weeks ago that the Secretary Service detail protecting Kissinger had been doubled because of an assassination threat that was received in early November. All that was known about the threat at that time was that it was being taken extremely seriously by the Secret Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: May 19
- Society of American Historians Announces 2021 Prize Winners
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents