The Most Narcissistic Generation Was Born Between These YearsBreaking News
tags: Millennials, narcissism
People born between 1988 and 1994 — so-called “millennials” — are the most narcissistic generation ever.
At least that is their view and the view of both their parents and grandparents.
Not that the label sits well with them, new research finds.
Mr Joshua Grubbs, a millennial himself who led the research, said: “Millennials and older generations agree that millennials are the most narcissistic. They just disagree to the extent of the narcissism.”
People in the study rejected the idea that they were arrogant, excessively self-centred and vain: “Millennials generally object when the ‘narcissistic’ label is applied to them—it feels like a putdown.The only people that found the label acceptable were people who are actually narcissistic—and research shows there are very few of them.”
Instead, millennials tend to think of themselves as ‘individualistic’.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel