Amateur German historian finds likely stretch of Berlin WallBreaking News
tags: Germany, BERLIN WALL
An amateur historian says he's discovered a lengthy stretch of the original Berlin Wall in a wooded area of the German capital.
Christian Bormann told the dpa news agency Thursday he first stumbled across the 80-meter (yard) stretch of the wall in the Pankow neighborhood years ago but only reported it to city authorities this week over concerns it was being destroyed by vandals and the elements.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel