Scrolls found inside statue of Buddha in NaraBreaking News
tags: Japan, Archeology, Buddhist Statue
A probe has found many scrolls and other artifacts inside a centuries-old statue of Buddha in the ancient Japanese capital of Nara.
It was previously known that the seated Monju Bosatsu statue at Hokkeji temple contained something inside, but no one knew what was actually there.
The statuette likely dates back more than 700 years.
comments powered by Disqus
- Critical Race Theory Battle Invades School Boards — with Help from Conservative Groups
- The Rise and Fall of an American Tech Giant
- ‘Cynical and Illegitimate’: Higher-Ed Groups Assail Legislative Efforts to Restrict Teaching of Racism
- Congress Is Poised To Take Back Some Of Its War Powers From The President
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- Capitalism American-Style: A Financial History of the United States
- Event: History Matters with Annette Gordon-Reed, Historian & Author, “On Juneteenth” (Friday, June 18)
- The Freeing of the American Mind
- Lost Cause: 50 Years of the Drug War in Latin America
- Amazon’s Greatest Weapon Against Unions: Worker Turnover