Historian Marc Stein Explains Philadelphia's LGBTQ protests before Stonewall and PrideHistorians in the News
tags: Pride Month, Stonewall 50
Before the Stonewall riots, there was another — very different — group of gay and lesbian protests called the Annual Reminders in Philadelphia. Click the link below to hear Marc Stein, a professor at San Francisco State University, explain why these demonstrations are a little-known piece of LGBTQ history and how they reflected a larger cultural shift in the U.S.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup