Last Polish Inmate From 1940 Transport to Auschwitz DiesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Poland, Auschwitz
Officials at the Auschwitz Memorial say Kazimierz Albin, the last surviving inmate from the initial transport of Poles to the German Nazi camp, has died. He was 96.
Auschwitz’s press office said Wednesday that Albin died Monday. The information came from Albin’s family.
The Germans caught Albin in 1940 as he fled occupied Poland to join Polish armed forces abroad.
comments powered by Disqus
- With Students Back on Campus, Faculty Push Back Against COVID Policies They Consider Inadequate
- How Hong Kong's Elite Have Embraced a Shifting Narrative on Tiananmen Square
- Discovery of Human Footprints Pushes Back Date of Earliest Humans in Americas
- Ghana, WEB DuBois Museum Foundation to Partner on Museum, Research Center
- George Holliday Dies at 61, Taped LAPD Beating of Rodney King
- Charles Sellers, 98, Historian Who Upset the Postwar Consensus, Dies
- The Curious Task of Preserving Darwin's Beans and Butterflies
- Local Professor Building History of San Diego's Japanese Americans
- Art History Prof. Recognizes Lost Masterpiece in Local Church
- Rebel is Right: Reassessing the Cultural Revolution