Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Private Prisons in the U.S.Historians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Isabella Delpino, Jared Levinson and Matthew Crawford are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
This activity kit is intended to teach students about the history of private prisons in the United States. Students will watch two videos, read news articles in small groups, and then combine their knowledge to create a timeline as a class, followed by a class discussion. This activity engages student’s analytical, critical thinking, and research skills. All necessary materials are included.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unluckiest Generation In U.S. History
- Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama