Cadence13 and Pulitzer Prize-Winning Historian Jon Meacham Partner to Produce Documentary Podcast Series for These TimesHistorians in the News
tags: Jon Meacham, podcast, historian, coronavirus
Hope, Though History will focus on one crisis for each installment of the five-episode series, including: the 1918 Flu Pandemic; the Great Depression; World War II; the polio epidemic; and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Episode One spotlighting the Great Depression will launch on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, RADIO.COM and everywhere podcasts are available, with new episodes available on Tuesdays throughout the series. Listen to the trailer and subscribe to the series here: https://bit.ly/HopeThroughHistory.
Notable guests throughout the series includes renowned presidential historian and bestselling author Doris Kearns Goodwin; Walter Isaacson, Professor of History, Tulane University, bestselling author, Distinguished Fellow, Aspen Institute; Eddie S. Glaude, Jr., chair, Department of African American Studies, Princeton; award-winning presidential historian Michael Beschloss; historian and bestselling author Evan Thomas; David M. Oshinsky, Jack S. Blanton Chair, History at the University of Texas and Distinguished Scholar in Residence at New York University; award-winning historian and author Geoffrey C. Ward; David M. Kennedy, author and Professor of History, Emeritus, Stanford; Allida Black, author and award-winning Professor of History and International Affairs, The George Washington University; bestselling author Erik Larson; and award-winning, bestselling author Andrew Roberts, Visiting Professor at the War Studies Department at King's College.
comments powered by Disqus
- With Students Back on Campus, Faculty Push Back Against COVID Policies They Consider Inadequate
- How Hong Kong's Elite Have Embraced a Shifting Narrative on Tiananmen Square
- Discovery of Human Footprints Pushes Back Date of Earliest Humans in Americas
- Ghana, WEB DuBois Museum Foundation to Partner on Museum, Research Center
- George Holliday Dies at 61, Taped LAPD Beating of Rodney King
- The Curious Task of Preserving Darwin's Beans and Butterflies
- Local Professor Building History of San Diego's Japanese Americans
- Art History Prof. Recognizes Lost Masterpiece in Local Church
- Rebel is Right: Reassessing the Cultural Revolution
- US COVID Death Count Surpasses Estimates of 1918 Influenza