‘Lincoln’ & ‘Theodore Roosevelt’ Miniseries Lead History Slate As A+E Networks Expands Relationship With Leonardo DiCaprio & Doris Kearns GoodwinHistorians in the News
tags: doris kearns goodwin, documentary, television
Lincoln (working title) and Theodore Roosevelt (working title) are both exec produced by Presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, while Leonardo DiCaprio and his Appian Way Productions company are involved in the latter.
Lincoln is a three-part series, featuring two-hour episodes, that will be a multi-layered biography of the 16th President. From Lincoln’s impoverished childhood to his days as a young prairie lawyer and budding politician, through his unlikely election to the presidency and eventual assassination, the miniseries will feature live action scripted sequences, expert interviews and a rich historical archive of rare photographs, prints, and original documents.
Theodore Roosevelt is a two-part series, featuring two-hour episodes, on Roosevelt, widely considered the first modern President of the United States. It will look at the 26th President’s personal story, his work as a progressive reformer as well as his contradictions such as being a passionate conservationist who also hunted; a friend and supporter of the common man, who also worked closely with Wall Street and robber barons and a scion of an elite family who yearned to be a cowboy. Similarly, it will incorporate live action scripted sequences with expert interviews and live action sequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time