Explaining the Insurrection Act of 1807 and Looking Back on Nixon’s Law & Order Campaign (Podcast)Historians in the News
tags: Richard Nixon, Protest, Law and Order, policing
This episode of the KPFA podcast Letters and Politics features historian Rick Perlstein and Constitutional lawyer Neil Kinkopf. Klinkopf evaluates Trump's threat to invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807, and Perlstein discusses the history of Nixon's Law and Order Campaign.
comments powered by Disqus
- Native Americans and Polynesians Met Around 1200 A.D.
- Campaign Urges NASA to Rename the John C. Stennis Space Center
- Confederate Statues Were Never Really About Preserving History
- Carl Reiner’s Life Should Remind Us: If You Like Laughing, Thank FDR And The New Deal
- A Teacher Held a Famous Racism Exercise in 1968. She’s Still at It.
- ‘If I tell people about what happened, I honor my ancestors.’ How the Pandemic is Helping a Slavery Historian Develop a K-12 Lesson Plan on African-American History
- In Memoriam: Historian and Politician Ivo Banac
- The Legacy of Black Lives Matter
- When American Politics Turned Toxic (Review)
- Unions Are Essential for Eliminating Racism