Lost Cause: 50 Years of the Drug War in Latin AmericaHistorians in the News
tags: Drug War, Latin American history, Cocaine
June 17 marks 50 years since Richard M. Nixon declared drugs “America’s public enemy number one.” Perhaps no political decision has had a greater impact on Latin America’s recent past and present. Now journalists from the region are examining the failed policies of the war on drugs.
Note: This landing page contains links to multiple articles addressing the links between the US-backed drug war and political violence, environmental damage, mass incarceration, and other consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- Civics Teacher and Students Help Win Exoneration for Last Convicted Witch in Massachusetts
- Orban's American Apologists
- After Winning as An Activist Preacher, Can Warnock Win Again as an Effective Pragmatist?
- Youngkin's Neoconfederate Nominee to State Historical Board Resigns
- Commission Recommends Change to Massachusetts State Seal, Motto