Latitude: The Pioneering International Mission to Measure the EarthHistorians/History
tags: history of science, geography, exploration, Surveying
Nicholas Crane is an award-winning writer, journalist, geographer and explorer who has presented BAFTA winning, BBC TV series Coast. He writes for the Daily Telegraph, the Guardian and the Sunday Times. His most recent book is Latitude: The True Story of the World's First Scientific Expedition.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel