Anne Frank's Complete Manuscripts Available Online for First TimeBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Jewish history, Anne Frank, primary sources
Anne Frank’s handwritten manuscripts, complete with commentary, are now accessible online in their entirety for the first time.
The Association for Research and Access to Historical Texts published a new digitized edition of Frank’s manuscripts last week, offering the first-ever online access to Frank’s complete original texts, including both her diary and lesser-known novel called “The Secret Annex.”
The online hub, which also incorporates historical context, is the result of research conducted through a partnership between the Anne Frank House and Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands, or Huygens ING. Presented alongside the original manuscripts, the historical information aims to contextualize the texts and paint a picture of Frank’s development as a writer.
“The research carried out by Huygens ING and the Anne Frank House has led not only to new insights but also to an innovative digital edition that gives researchers and enthusiasts a fascinating glimpse of how Anne Frank wrote and rewrote her texts,” Ronald Leopold, executive director of the Anne Frank House, said in a statement. “Anne Frank’s development as a writer has never before been so well documented.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time