Alexander Cockburn RIP
Along with a few others, such as Gore Vidal and Naomi Wolfe, Cockburn was foremost in a vanishing breed: leftists who are genuinely skeptical of centralized power and value civil liberty for friend and foe. For more, read <a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/21/farewell-alex-my-friend/">here</a>.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel