The Attica Prison Uprising, 50 Years Ago Today
tags: history,Attica,Attica Prison Uprising
Good morning, HNN!
I'm pleased to present the first episode of Season 3 of Skipped History, chronicling the Attica Prison uprising of 1971. It’s been 50 years since the stunning rebellion, and still the consequences are unfolding:
Today’s story comes from Blood in the Water by Heather Ann Thompson. Have you read it? I found it truly draw-dropping.
I hope you enjoy the video. Questions, comments, and suggestions for further reading are welcome!
comments powered by Disqus
- Louisiana Governor to Decide Posthumous Pardon for Homer Plessy
- Brown Issues Expanded Report on University's Involvement with Slavery
- Michael Schuman: Xi's New China is Terrifying
- U. of Florida Dean Says He Was Directed to Reject Professor’s Request to Testify Against the State
- Ed Bullins, Leading Playwright of the Black Arts Movement, Dies at 86
- "Hail Mary" Sets the Record Straight on the Women's Football League of the 1960s
- Jeopardy! To Host Tournament of Professors
- Tim Snyder: "It Turns Out People Really Like Democracy"
- Direct Action: The Practical Politics of Protest
- Unenforceable Racial Covenants are Still Part of Property Deeds Across America