HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you enjoy HNN and value our work to put the news in historical perspective, please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
REMEMBER, HNN is now a project of the History Department at the George Washington University, so your contribution will be made through GWU's fundraising page.
*NEW! In response to reader feedback, our friends at the GWU Development Office have made it EASIER to contribute to HNN*
Contribute DIRECTLY to History News Network with ONE CLICK!
You will NOT BE ADDED onto GWU's general fundraising list!
Or, mail your check. Make the check out to The George Washington University. Please put "History Department--HNN" in the memo line. Send to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
Or, contribute by phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-844-574-4483. You may provide your gift information on a secure voicemail box.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- 50 Years Later, Remembering Pong's Success
- The Origins of the "White Elephant" Party
- A Stranger's Gift: Family Photos from Before the Holocaust
- New School's Adjuncts Demand Better Pay in Increasingly Acrimonious Strike
- The Cole Family Land in Virginia Holds Incredible Uranium Wealth. Do Descendants of People Enslaved There Deserve a Share?
- The Fall of the American Fraudster?
- Texas Prof Wins John Lewis Award for Work Recovering History of Anti-Mexican Border Violence
- The Racist History of Family Separation, and the Lawyers Challenging It
- Behind America's Relationship to Exercise
- Study: Ashkenazi Jews Have Become More Genetically Similar over Time