Ireland Worker Finds Ancient Psalms in BogBreaking News
The approximately 20-page book has been dated to the years 800-1000. Trinity College manuscripts expert Bernard Meehan said it was the first discovery of an Irish early medieval document in two centuries.
"This is really a miracle find," said Pat Wallace, director of the National Museum of Ireland, which has the book stored in refrigeration and facing years of painstaking analysis before being put on public display.
"There's two sets of odds that make this discovery really way out. First of all, it's unlikely that something this fragile could survive buried in a bog at all, and then for it to be unearthed and spotted before it was destroyed is incalculably more amazing."
comments powered by Disqus
- Deb Haaland: My Grandparents Were Stolen from their Families as Children. We Must Learn about this History
- Efforts to Restrict Teaching about Racism and Bias Have Multiplied across the U.S.
- "It’s Apartheid," Say Former Israeli Ambassadors to South Africa
- When Monuments Go Bad
- What the Pandemic Has Stolen from Black America
- Legislating Against Critical Race Theory
- "Black Spartacus: The Epic Life of Toussaint Louverture" by Sudhir Hazareesingh wins Wolfson Prize
- The Importance of Teaching Dred Scott
- I Visited A Former Plantation To Understand Why People Get Married There. All I Saw Was Pain
- Education Failed To Be An Equalizer In Boston — A Review Of “The Education Trap”