SOURCE: The Michigan Daily
She argues in her book on Attica that the slow downfall and ultimate economic collapse of Detroit began with the crime law he signed.
by Jennifer Freilach
We asked them to tell us what drew them to their subjects. These are their answers.
SOURCE: National Book Awards
The winner will be announced in November. This is the list of semifinalists.
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity
- Before the Tragedy, Uvalde Was the Site of a Major School Walkout. Will That History Be Lost?
- Preserving Local History in Water Valley, Mississippi
- The Belated Return of Lumumba's Tooth Shows the Tenacity of Colonialism
- The Labor Upsurge Calls Us to Rethink Organizing Rules