SOURCE: New York Times
Randall Kennedy reviews Carol Anderson's "The Second: Race and Guns in a Fatally Unequal America," and charges that Anderson overstates the influence of suppressing slave rebellion on the drafting of the Second Amendment.
“This kind of silent, quiet bureaucratic violence, where policies are wiping out the voting rights of millions of Americans, that's the piece that is absolutely stunning for my students,” she explained.
by Carol Anderson
Already, Trump and the Republicans have severely harmed the institutional heft of checks-and-balances. But they’re not done.
SOURCE: NY Times
Stacey Abrams, who narrowly lost the 2018 race for Georgia governor, visited the Library Company of Philadelphia for a conversation on voter suppression with historians Carol Anderson, Heather Ann Thompson, Heather Cox Richardson, and Kevin Kruse.
SOURCE: Emory University Press Release
What Carol Anderson tells people who say they don’t understand what is so hard about requiring voters to show an ID
“All of those little things that sound ‘fiscally responsible’ or ‘absolutely necessary to maintain the integrity of the ballot box’ are not designed to enhance the integrity of democracy, but in fact undermine that integrity.”
by Carol Anderson
Emory’s Carol Anderson, author of “White Rage,” argues Trump is feeding white rage.
by Sharon Arana
The “analysis” from newscasters and pundits was so ahistorical that they had put all their attention on the flames. In doing so, they missed the kindling.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time